A couple of weeks ago, I wrote Building websites that work on an e-ink Kindle. It was a response to Brad Frost’s post on providing accessible web experiences on low-powered devices.
I discovered a few things:
- My Kindle ignored anchor links.
- SVGs and web fonts aren’t supported (no surprise).
- PNGs and JPGs worked just fine.
A few folks in the comments did some tests of their own, and found that e-ink Kindle support for CSS, JS and more is actually quite good. My Kindle is just absurdly old. Some worthwhile articles that were shared by other readers:
- Voyage vs Paperwhite Comparison Review: the Web Browser
- Intégrateur de l’extrême : naviguer sur Kindle (in French, but the pictures are informative)