If you’re sick of hostile answers on StackOverflow, bad documentation, and tutorials that assume you have a Computer Science degree, this is for you.
What you’ll learn
- How to find and get elements on a webpage.
- How to add and remove classes.
- How to get and set styles.
- How to listen for clicks and other events.
- How to get and set attributes.
- How to write accessible scripts that work for anyone.
- How to debug your code when it breaks.
- The easy way to deal with cross-browser quirks and inconsistencies.
Stream the course in HD video on any device.
You’ll also get these awesome bonuses
- All of the source code and well-documented demos so that you can see the lessons in action.
bar. No terminal window. No “just… [insert complicated process here].” This course is short, focused, and made for beginners.
1. Setting up a simple show/hide module
- Getting elements with
- Detecting clicks with
- An introduction to
2. Multiple show/hide modules on a page
- Event bubbling
- Doing more with
- Writing code that can be easily reused
- Adding ARIA attributes
- Making sure everyone can access your content
4. Adding accordion functionality
- Climbing up the DOM tree with
- Finding all of the elements that match a selector with
- Loop through a list of items with
- Additional accessibility considerations
5. Adding open/closed icons
- Showing different icons on toggle links for opened and closed content (example:
+to show more,
-to show less)
- Working with CSS
6. Animating the open and close action
- Letting the browser do the heavy lifting for you
- A workaround for quirky CSS challenges
7. Add deep-linking capabilities
- Automatically open a piece of content if the URL has a hash that matches its ID
- Provide an easy way for people to share a link to the content
8. Browser Compatibility
- A simple technique for dealing with cross-browser quirks
- Adding polyfills
- Preventing errors with scoping
- How to catch bugs sooner
Your 100% Money-Back Guarantee 💰
About the Instructor
Pre-order and save 50%!
- The Course (stream in HD video on any device)
- The Source Code & Demos
- The Vanilla JS Cheat Sheet
- The Vanilla JS Plugins Reference Guide
- The Vanilla JS Boilerplates
- Exclusive Slack Access
- FREE Updates for Life
Not ready yet? Get daily developer tips.
I send out a short email each weekday with code snippets, tools, techniques, and interesting stuff from around the web.