A few weeks ago I launched JetPack, a project that started as a “what if” brainstorming session back in January.
As I was thinking about the project and the various things that went into it, I realized I learned how to do a lot of things this year. Between JetPack and a few side projects, here’s some of the stuff I’ve learned this year:
- Mobile First
- How to use icon fonts
- HTML5 semantics
- jQuery UI Drag & Drop and Sortables
- How to write WordPress plugins
- AJAX (sort of… I’m getting there)
- Twitter Bootstrap
- CSS3 gradients
- Grid-based layouts
- HTML5 video with flash fallback
- Web accessibility
- Typography-based web design
- Browser caching
- Performance optimized web images
- Image sprites
This is such an exciting time to working on and with the web. I can’t wait to see what I’ll learn next year.
- More articles on...
- Design & UX