I don’t use many plugins, but there’s definitely a few Steph mentioned that I’ve bookmarked for use in future client projects:
- Edit Flow. A calendar, custom statuses, editorial comments, user groups and more.
- WP Help. Create detailed, hierarchical documentation for the site’s authors, editors, and contributors, viewable in the WordPress admin.
- Advanced Custom Fields. I’ve always created custom fields manually, but this looks like a much easier way to do things.
- Live Blog. Does exactly what it sounds like.
- Safe Redirect Manager. Makes WordPress redirects easy.
- JetPack. Brings WordPress.com features to self-hosted sites.
Steph also mentions I talk I gave on web performance in the Q&A section. Check out Wicked Fast WordPress for more.